profile picture

Appraisal Services For Accountants

Accountants also are increasingly assuming the role of a personal financial advisor. They not only provide clients with accounting and tax help, but also help them develop a personal budget, manage assets and investments, plan for retirement, and recognize and reduce exposure to risks. This role is a response to demands by clients for one trustworthy individual or firm to meet all of their financial needs.

Accountants provide advice on tax matters and help prepare and submit tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service. All accountants who practice as Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) must be licensed by the state(s) in which they practice, and any partners in their firm must have licenses issued by a State Board of Accountancy.

"Accounting professionals focus on total accuracy in serving their clients. And a key component to achieving that goal is having the most reliable valuation information on real property possible."

Accountants may have a less frequent need for appraisal services than those in the mortgage and real estate industry. When the need does arise however, they want to be sure about the professionalism of the company you hire. They want to be secure about the estimate of value they receive. Brian J. Davis, SRA is experienced in working with professional Financial Planners.

For that, you can always rely on Appraisal Institute designated professionals. Like the CPA designation for Accountants, the SRA designation behind our names stands for a higher level of professional achievement. They stand for advanced knowledge strengthened by rigorous continuing education.

Documented experience in a wide range of real estate transactions. Uncompromising integrity backed by a strict code of conduct.

Valuation of Marital or Community Property

Divorce settlement can raise many confusing issues. Accountants are experts in providing a clear financial picture by piecing together the facts, advising you on the inconsistencies and subterfuges uncovered, clarifying the financial picture and offering solutions for an effective settlement and value family assets and businesses. For many, their greatest asset is their home!

Who gets the house? In divorce cases, the Court will not generally order one party to buyout the other party's interest in their residence. If the parties are unable to agree upon what they are going to do with the residence, the Court may, however, order the sale of the home with each of the parties getting his and her respective share of the net proceeds from the sale.

In either case, one or both parties should order an appraisal on the residence. The amount of equity in the home must be determined if one party is going to "buyout" the other. When Accountants or their clients order an appraisal from Brian J. Davis & Associates, they can rest assured that they will get the best in professional service and the highest quality appraisal.

Other Financial Advisers Who May Work With You

deskIn addition to being qualified to provide you with general financial planning services, many financial planners are also registered as investment advisers or hold insurance or securities licenses that allow them to buy or sell products. Other planners may have you use more specialized financial advisers to help you implement their recommendations. With the right education and experience, each of the following advisers could take you through the financial planning process. Ethical financial planners will refer you to one of these professionals for services that they cannot provide. Similarly, these advisers should refer you to a planner if they cannot meet your financial planning needs.

Estate Planner

Estate planners provide you with advice on estate taxes or other estate planning issues and put together a strategy to manage your assets at the time of your death. While attorneys, accountants, financial planners, insurance agents or trust bankers may all provide estate planning services, only attorneys can prepare legal documents such as wills, trusts and powers of attorney. Many estate planners hold the Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation. Click here for Family Estate additional information.

Financial Planner

Many financial planners have earned the Certified Financial Planner or CFP mark, or the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) or Personal Financial Specialist (CPA-PFS) designations. Financial planners can take you through the financial planning process. Click here National Association of Financial & Estate Planning for more information.

Insurance Agent

Insurance agents are licensed by the state(s) in which they practice to sell life, health, property and casualty or other insurance products. Many insurance agents hold the Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation. Financial planners may identify and advise you on your insurance needs, but can only sell you insurance products if they are also licensed as insurance agents.

Investment Adviser

deferred givingAnybody who is paid to provide securities advice must register as an investment adviser with the Securities and Exchange Commission or relevant state securities agencies, depending on the amount of money he or she manages. Because financial planners often advise people on securities-based investments, many are registered as investment advisers. Investment advisers cannot sell securities products without a securities license. For that, you must use a licensed securities representative such as a stockbroker.


Also called registered representatives. Stockbrokers are licensed by the state(s) in which they practice to buy and sell securities products such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds. They generally earn commissions on all of their transactions. Stockbrokers must be registered with a company that is a member of the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) and pass NASD-administered securities exams.

Real Estate Appraiser

Robert Howlett - The Appraisal Station


The designated difference
in real estate valuation.